Psychotherapy & Counselling in Kingston or Hampton
I am a chartered Counselling Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a registered Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and adhere to their professional codes of conduct. I have over 14 years experience of working in mental health in private settings and for the National Health Service (NHS). I provide psychotherapy and counselling in my consultation rooms in Kingston-upon-Thames, and in Hampton. I work with individuals, couples and families and specialise in psychological wellbeing, relationship issues, depression, Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), psychological and emotional abuse, trauma, attachment and parenting. My extensive professional experience allows me to draw from various psychological theories and models during therapy. Alongside of this, I have lived a colourful life and overcome personal challenges which allows me to be more humane, empathetic and grounded in my approach.
I place respect, empathy and integrity at the core of my professional work. I admire my client’s courage and believe everyone has the potential to learn, grow and adjust if they receive good support and guidance.
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology, City, University of London. Doctoral research ‘The overview effect and counselling psychology’.
- Masters Degree in Counselling Psychology, City, University of London
- Masters Degree in Forensic Psychology, Middlesex University
- Undergraduate Degree in Psychology, Roehampton University
- British Isles Intensive Advanced Dialectical Behaviour Therapy Training
- Intensive Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Course, Priory Hospital
- Noreen Tehrani Associates Trauma Assessment Training.
- I am a fellow of the Royal Society for the Encouragement of Arts, Manufactures, and Commerce (RSA)
- I am a Chartered Psychologist and a member of the British Psychological Society (BPS)
- I am registered as Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
- I have presented at the British Psychological Society (BPS) conference 2016, the Overview Effect Symposium in Netherlands 2017, International Transpersonal conference in Prague 2017.
- I gave a TEDx Talk called the therapeutic value of the Overview Effect
- I was interviewed by BBC 4 ‘All in the Mind’ programme on the therapeutic value of the Overview Effect and virtual reality’
- I was interviewed for The Scotsman newspaper on the Overview Effect and the impact of space flight
- I wrote an article in ‘The Conversation’ online paper on the therapeutic value of the Overview Effect
- I was interviewed by ‘The Pulse’ radio programme on the Overview Effect
Please Contact me to arrange a free 30 minute telephone consultation or to schedule in a face-to-face therapy session.